Hours of Operation
The Moving Wall exhibit will open at our opening ceremony at 6pm on Thursday, September 26th.
You can visit The Moving Wall 24 hours a day during the exhibit.
The closing ceremony will be at Noon on Monday, September 30th.
The Moving Wall will be set up at Highland Park in Attleboro near the old clubhouse.
The best address for GPS navigation to Highland Park is 199 Mechanic Street, Attleboro MA 02703. Here’s a map: Highland Park
Parking & Restrooms
Highland Park has about 200 paved parking spaces available.
We will also create an overflow parking area in a field near the uppermost parking lot.
The first parking area as you enter Highland Park will be for those with handicap placards and plates. We will have volunteers standing by to shuttle visitors from the handicap parking area to the information tent.
Portable restrooms will be found in each of the three paved parking areas, and in the walkway between the overflow parking area and The Moving Wall. Check out our interactive site map here: Site Map
Schedule of Events
- Thursday 9/26 @ 9am: The Moving Wall arrives at Highland Park and is assembled by volunteers
- Thursday 9/26 @ 6pm: Opening Ceremony, Dedicated to KIA Service members & Gold Star Families
- Friday 9/27 @ 7:30am – 2pm: Vietnam Veterans Panel Discussion & Attleboro Public Schools visit The Moving Wall
- Friday 9/27 @ 6pm: Dedication to Service members who were POW&MIA
- Saturday 9/28 @ 6pm: Dedication to Women Who Served
- Sunday 9/29 @ 2pm: The Empty Chair Degree, a tribute by the Ezekiel Bates Lodge A.F. & A.M. (Open to the Public)
- Sunday 9/29 @ 6pm: Dedication to All Vietnam Veterans
- Monday 9/30 @ 12pm: Closing Ceremony, Dedicated to All Active & Retired Military Members
- Monday 9/30 @ 2pm: Volunteers begin to disassemble The Moving Wall as it prepares to visit the next community
Vietnam Veteran Lapel Pin
Congressman Joe Kennedy III will be presenting the Vietnam Veteran Lapel Pin to eligible veterans as part of our closing ceremony.
Living United States veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the period of November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975, regardless of location, are eligible to receive one lapel pin.
To receive your lapel pin, please join us in person for our closing ceremony on Monday, September 30th at Noon.
To learn more about the Vietnam War Commemoration, view the Lapel Pin Fact Sheet here: Fact Sheet